Baked Penne with Parma Ham and Cheese
100g parma ham, diced
150g gruyère cheese
white sauce (béchamel)
25g unsalted butter
500ml cold milk
salt and crushed black
pepper to taste
Top And Bottom Heating
1) Melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and stir until the butter and flour are well combined, remove from heat. Pour in milk, cook with low heat to make the sauce. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
2) Boil a pot of water, add salt and penne, boil until the pasta is 70% cooked. Drain and set aside.
3) Preheat oven at 200°C. Brush a baking tray with butter and set aside.
4) Heat a frying pan with butter over medium heat, sauté Parma ham cubes until fragrant, add penne with white sauce, cook until it starts to bubble.
5) Pour the mixture to the baking tray, spread evenly. Sprinkle grated cheese on top, covering the entire baking tray. Put into the oven, bake until golden brown.
Use cold milk for the white sauce. Otherwise, it will be lumpy and not smooth.