Black Angus Ribeye with Asparagus and Purple Mashed Potatoes
1 Black Angus Ribeye (about 1 inch thick)
½ pound purple potatoes, peeled and chopped
60g unsalted butter
Little sea salt and crushed black pepper
Some meat juices
1. Place the purple potato in a preheated 100℃ steam oven and steam for about 20 minutes. Remove from oven, add butter while it is still warm and blend with a hand blender until smooth.
2. Cut asparagus into half. Place in a preheated 100℃ steam oven and steam for about 3 minutes. Remove from oven.
3. Preheat the induction hob and pan to PerfectFry Level 5 heat. Pan-fry the fat side of ribeye until golden brown and oil extracted.
4. Pan-fry each side about 1:30 minutes or until they reach your desired ripeness. Default Assist program can be your assistance.
5. Remove from pan and set aside to rest for about 8 minutes at room temperature.
6. Place asparagus and purple potatoes mashed on the plate. Put the ribeye slice on asparagus. Serve with gravy.
TIPS: Put ribeye out of the fridge and let it rest at room temperature before cooking. Pan-fried ribeye must rest for about 8 minutes at room temperature before slicing in order to keep it tender and juicy.