Dark Chocolate Cake
3 whole eggs
250ml cold water
80g melted chocolate
1 cup mixed berries
190g unsalted butter (cut to small cubes)
1 tsp vanilla essence
220g plain flour
50g dark cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1) Place the Mix A ingredients in the kitchen machine and whisk until creamy and fluffy.
2) Add the eggs and cold water to mix.
3) Add Mix B and mix well.
4) Lightly butter and flour a baking tin sized 15 X 10cm.
5) Pour the final mixture into the baking tin then place the tin into the oven.
6) For Series 8 ovens with Assist program: Select Assist > Cake, bread > Cake > Cake in tins. For Series 8 ovens without Assist program: Preheat your oven to 150°C with top and bottom heating method. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until cooked.
7) Remove from oven after cooking.
8) Lastly, top the cake with the melted chocolate and berries.
Allow the ganache to cool slightly before topping the cake as it will adhere better.