Dragon Fruit Cereal Bar
60g unsalted butter
40g brown sugar
a pinch of sea salt
120g sugar-free Cherrios
100g roasted almonds, rough chopped
2 red dragon fruits
1) Peel the dragon fruits and cut into 2mm round slices. Place the fruit slices on a wire rack lined with baking paper. Preheat the oven to 40˚C. Dry the fruit slices in the oven for 2 days. Cut the dried fruit slices into small pieces for later use.
2) Place butter, brown sugar, honey and sea salt in a small saucepan, cook over low heat until the sugar is dissolved. Continue to cook for 2 minutes, stir frequently while cooking. Remove from heat and set aside.
3) Place Cherrios, almond and dried dragon fruit into a large stainless steel bowl, pour syrup made in step 1 and mix rapidly.
4) Line an 8-inch square cake mould with baking paper. Pour all the ingredients into the mould, press until firm with a spatula and place at room temperature for about 30 minutes to set.
5) Cut the fruit cereal bar into small pieces and serve.
Rapidly add and stir in the syrup because it becomes stiff and and difficult to mix when cooled.