FOIE GRAS APPLE CRÈME BRÛLÉE
130g foie gras (at room temperature)
3 egg yolks (60g each)
140g whipping cream
20g green apple dices
20ml sauterne liqueur
a little sea salt
a little crushed black
1) Put foie gras, milk, whipping cream, sea salt and black pepper bits in a small pot, cook over low heat until thin cream-like. Remove from heat, blend with hand blender until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
2) Add the egg yolks one by one into the foie gras mixture, blend to mix, pour in Sauterne liqueur, mix well.
3) Place the green apple dices into the baking cups. Run the foie gras mixture through a sieve, pour into the baking cups until 90% full.
4) Preheat oven to 100°C with added steam (level 3). Cook the foie gras custard for about 30 minutes. Let the custard cool down and chill them in fridge.
5) Sprinkle a thin layer of sugar over the top of the custard. Use a torch to melt and caramelize the sugar evenly.
High quality French Foie Gras makes the crème bûrlée smooth and silky, making it a prefect appetizer when served cold. Green apple dices have a refreshing flavor, which balances out the rich flavor of Foie Gras.