French Spring Chicken with Couscous Salad
2 spring chicken
20g unsalted butter
sea salt and crushed
black pepper to taste
some cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup couscous
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup chicken both
a little orange, yellow and red bell pepper, chopped
a little cucumber, cubed
1/2 lemon juice and peel
a little mint leaves, chopped
a little crushed black pepper
80ml extra virgin olive
1) Marinate the chicken with sea salt and crushed black pepper briefly and place into the oven.
2) For Series 8 ovens with Assist program: Insert the meat probe, select Assist > Poultry> Chicken> Chicken, unstuffed. For Series 8 ovens without Assist program: Preheat the oven to 180˚C and cook the chicken for 25 minutes.
3) Remove from the oven after cooking and cut the chicken breast and thighs, set aside.
4) For Couscous salad: Add couscous and salt into a large bowl. Pour boiling chicken broth into the bowl, cover with cling wrap, rest for 20 minutes. Mix warm couscous with bell pepper and cucumber , and then add the lemon juice with zest, mint leaves and crushed black pepper. Add in extra virgin olive oil, mix the couscous with a fork. Chill the mixture in the fridge.
5) Place the couscous salad on a plate and add the chicken breast and thighs on top. Decorate with cherry tomatoes.
To make the couscous salad, use a fork to stir gently. Couscous is made with coarse wheat flour and water, rolled with the hands. When dried, its shape and colour become similar to millet.