Homemade Pasta with Roasted Pepper Sauce
Roasted Red Bell
1 red bell pepper
100ml extra virgin olive oil
1.5 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil
70g roasted pine nuts
50g shredded Parmesan cheese
1 bunch basil
salt and crushed black pepper to taste
200g Italy “00” flour
pinch of salt
1) For roasted red bell pepper sauce: Roast the red bell pepper in a preheated 18˚C oven until the skin is slightly charred. Remove and place in a bowl, wrap with cling wrap and let cool. Remove the skin and seeds of the peppers, keep the flesh for later use.
2) Mix olive oil, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nutsand sweet pepper, mash with a hand blender.
3) Add grated cheese and blend until smooth. Add basil, season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
4) For homemade spaghetti: Mix “00” flour, salt and eggs, knead with the kitchen machine’s dough hook at medium speed for about 8 minutes until a smooth dough is formed, wrap with cling wrap, rest in fridge for 30 minutes.
5) Roll the dough through the kitchen machine’s pasta accessory several times to create a 2mm thick pasta sheet (dust with “00” flour to prevent the dough from sticking to your hands and the pasta accessory).
6) Cut the pasta sheet into long thick strands with the pasta accessory. Cook for 2 minutes in boiling water, remove and drain.
7) Mix the hot spaghetti with sauce to serve.
Homemade spaghetti has a firm texture and tastes even better when cooked al dente.