Rack of Lamb With French Olive Paste
1 rack of lamb
salt, crushed black pepper to taste
vegetables for salad
Black Olive Paste
60g anchovy fillets
260g black olives, stoned
100ml olive oil
10ml red wine vinegar
salt and crushed black pepper to taste
Top And Bottom Heating
1) For black olive paste: Cook garlic and anchovy fillets with olive oil in a small saucepan over low heat until the garlic becomes soft.
2) Add black olives and capers. Stir-fry gently and remove from heat.
3) Blend the ingredients with a hand blender until grainy.
4) Add red wine vinegar, parsley, salt and black pepper.
5) For rack of lamb: heat frying pan with olive oil over medium heat. Pan-fry all sides of the rack until it becomes golden brown. Place in a preheated 180˚C oven and cook for 7-8 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside for 8 minutes.
6) Carve the rack of lamb. Serve with black olive paste and salad.
Blend the sauce until grainy (not mashed) for the best taste and texture.