Steamed Cod Steak with Asparagus & Prawan Foam
2 black cod fish steak
salt and crushed black pepper to taste
young radish leaves
vegetables: 25g each of onion, carrot, celery and garlic, diced
1/2 tbsp tomato paste
6 shells and heads of prawn
a little cayenne powder
100ml white wine
200g peeled tomatoes
1 bay leave
salt and crushed black
pepper to taste
1 tsp lecithin powder
1) For foamed prawn sauce: Heat ingredients 1 over medium heat until golden brown. Add ingredients 2. Use a torch to evaporate the alcohol. Add ingredients 3 and cook until almost dry. Finally add ingredients 4 and add water to cover all the ingredients. Simmer with the lowest heat for about 30 minutes.
2) Blend the prawn sauce with a hand blender until smooth and run through a sieve. Add salt and crushed black pepper to taste.
3) Clean the cod steak, pat dry. Drizzle with olive oil, add salt and crushed black pepper for seasoning.
4) Place the asparagus in a preheated 100˚C steam oven and cook for about 4 minutes. Cut in half and set aside.
5) Steam the cod steaks in a preheated 100˚C steam oven for about 1.5 minutes to cook until just done.
6) Add lecithin powder to the prawn sauce, blend with a hand blender until foaming.
7) Place the asparagus on a plate and add the prawn foam. Place the cod steak and young radish leaves on top.
Add Brandy into the prawn sauce and use a torch to evaporate the alcohol. This enhances the aroma and taste of the dish.