|2 lemons (thinly sliced)||96 g unsalted butter||3g baking powder|
|150g sugar||188g eggs||zest of 1 lemon|
|150g water||96g almond flour||pectin|
|77g cake flour||200g juice of lemon compote|
|107g icing sugar|
1. Lemon Compote: Add water and sugar into a small pot. When it comes to a boil, add the lemon slices. When the liquid comes to a boil once more, switch off the heat and cover with lid. Set aside at room temperature for 1 day.
2. Soften the butter by placing it at room temperature. Add into kitchen machine then add icing sugar. Stir at low speed.
3. Add the eggs gradually. Stir in the almond flour.
4. Sieve in the flour and baking powder. Stir at low speed.
5. Pour into a cake mold until 70% full. Bake at 180℃ for about 30 minutes. (After cooking for 10 minutes, the cake will start to form a crust and expand slightly. Slice the cake with a small knife along the middle and arrange the lemon compote slices on top. Continue to bake.
6. Remove the cake from the mold while it is still warm. Use a brush to add the juice of lemon compote and pectin on the cake.
The taste and texture of the cake can be enhanced when served one day after baking.