|Cupcake batter||85g cake flour||½ tsp salt|
|90g unsalted butter, softened||1 tsp baking soda||175ml buttermilk|
|140g granulated sugar||1 tsp baking powder||½ tsp vanilla extract|
|2 eggs||35g almond flour, ground in processor||½ tsp almond extract|
|130g all-purpose flour|
|Matcha Green Tea frosting|
|110g butter, cut into cubes|
|110g cream cheese|
|200g powdered sugar, sifted|
|1 tsp Matcha Green Tea powder for decoration|
To make Almond Cupcakes:
1. Preheat oven to 180℃. Place rack in the center of the oven.
2. Prepare cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
3. In a large bowl sift all-purpose flour with cake flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and almond flour. In a measuring cup, combine buttermilk, almond and vanilla extract. Set aside.
4. Cream butter in medium with paddle attachment until light in color.
5. Add sugar and mix on medium-high for about 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
6. Add eggs, beat for an additional 2 minutes, or until batter is light and fluffy.
7. Add sifted dry ingredients and buttermilk in 3 parts, mixing on low. Increase speed and beat on high for 10 seconds to incorporate ingredients fully.
8. Fill cupcake liners 2/3rds full with batter. Bake cupcakes for 14-18 minutes.
9. Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
To make Matcha Green Tea frosting:
1. Mix together butter and cream cheese until blended and smooth with paddle attachment.
2. Add sifted powdered sugar and matcha green tea powder, mix on low to blend, then increase speed and beat until frosting is smooth.
3. Fill a pastry bag and pipe frosting on cooled cupcakes. Sprinkle with a pinch of matcha powder and serve immediately or keep refrigerated.