1. Filling: Place salted egg yolk into the steam oven and cook at 100℃ for 8 minutes. Remove and refrigerate then cut in half. Set aside.
2. Cut the taro into small chunks. Place into the steam oven and cook at 100℃ for 20 minutes. Add into the food processor while it is still warm. Add icing sugar and blend the mixture. Add salt and butter. Continue to blend until smooth. Mix in the wheat flour and divide the mixture into 10 portions.
3. Wrap half an egg yolk with each portion of mixture. Refrigerate and set aside.
4. Dough: Add all ingredients into the kitchen machine. Use low speed to mix the dough with the dough hook. Cover with cling wrap and leave at room temperature for 15 minutes then divide into 10 portions.
5. Sugar pastry: Add all ingredients into a kitchen machine, use low speed to mix the dough with the dough hook. Divide into 10 portions.
6. Flatten the dough and wrap a portion of sugar pastry inside. Gently flatten and use a rolling pin to roll into long strips. Roll up in a spiral shape.
7. Turn the puff pastry 90 degrees and roll into long strips again. Roll up in a spiral shape.
8. Flatten the puff pastry and roll into round shape. Wrap in 1 taro filling with egg yolk inside. Place on a baking tray.
9. Brush the egg yolk and sprinkle the black sesame on top. Use 180℃ (4D Hotair) and bake for 20 minutes until the surface becomes golden brown. Serve while it is still warm.
Mix just until the dough and the sugar pastry is combined. Over-mixing will make the pastry less crispy.
Bosch Steam Oven imitates the traditional way of steam cooking. The steaming temperature is controlled precisely to ensure your food is cooked to perfection.