|350g Squash||200ml Low-fat milk|
|300g Potato||1/2tsp Salt|
|1 Apple (small)||1/4tsp Cinnamon powder|
|1 Onion||1/8tbsp Cardamom powder|
|500ml Vegetable soup||1tsp Oil|
1. Cut squash and apple in pieces, scoop out and discard the seeds. Peel and chop the onions into large chunks.
2. Fry onions till soft over medium heat. Stir-fly squash and potato until golden brown. Add vegetable soup. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add apple and simmer till soft.
3. Remove from the heat and allow cooling slightly. Using a blender, puree the soup until smooth.
4. Return it to the pot and reheat gently.
5. Add milk, salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe is provided by Miss Claudia Tang, a registered dietitian in Australia.