|1 winter melon (small size)||8 fresh lotus seeds (remove core)||2 slices ginger|
|80g pork (diced)||6 shrimp (diced)||water (enough to cover ingredients)|
|3 mushrooms (diced)||night fragrant flower||½ tbsp cooking oil|
|3 dried scallops||20g Jinhua Ham (shredded)|
|2 tsp rice wine|
|2 tsp salt|
|ground pepper powder|
1. Remove the top part of the winter melon, serrate the edge with a knife and remove the core. Remove and dice part of the melon flesh.
2. Place the winter melon case into a 100℃ steam oven and cook for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
3. Shred the dried scallop and set aside (retain the water used to soak the scallops).
4. Marinate the pork and shrimp together, rinse with hot water.
5. Add pork, shrimp, Jinhua ham, mushroom, dried scallop, fresh lotus seeds and winter melon flesh into the winter melon case.
6. Boil water and the scallop juice at medium heat for 10 minutes.
7. Pour the hot soup in to the winter melon case and place into a 100℃ steam oven. Cook for about 30 to 40 minutes. Add night fragrant flower, season with salt and pepper and serve.
Choose a winter melon that is round and whole, with white powdery coating on the surface.